Extruded Acrylic/Plexiglass rods are durable, scratch-resistant, and tougher than glass; making them a perfect fit for any number of projects!
- Weather and scratch resistant
- Good optical clarity (92% light transmittance)
- Attractive high-gloss finish
- Up to 20X stronger than glass
Extruded acrylic is transparent, moisture resistant and half the weight of glass but many times stronger. Compared to its cast counterpart, extruded acrylic rods have a better tolerance on thickness, they are easier to bend & shape and can be flame polished.
- High dimensional accuracy and excellent circularity
- Superior UV resistance and weather ability
- Enhanced chemical resistance due to higher molecular weight
- Half the weight of glass for maximum design flexibility
Common uses for extruded acrylic rods are:
- Sign holders
- Crystal Chandeliers
- Office Interior
- Glazing applications