Weld-On 42 is a two-component, clear, medium bodied, reactive acrylic adhesive. It polymerizes by the reaction of Component A (Base Resin) with Component B (catalyst). Weld-On 42 is packaged in 10:1, 50 ml and 230 ml cartridges for use with a two-component dispensing gun and static mixing tip. The adhesive is mixed as it passes though the mixer tip. The mixed product polymerizes at room temperature; joints are usually hard enough for handling in about 4 hours at 70ºF (21ºC). Machining may be done after 24 hours. This product meets Military Spec A-8576C Type III.
Weld-On 42 is especially formulated to bond acrylic, including extruded cell cast and continuous cast, as well as, molded parts and some cross-linked sheet. It will also bond acrylic to polyester, cellulose acetate butyrate, polycarbonate and other materials.
Weld-On 42 is recommended for bonding of acrylic plastics especially where good clarity retention is required. It is versatile having many applications in the sign industry and in the manufacturing and repair of aquariums, museum quality cases and other plastics fabrication industries.
This product must be shipped via a ground service.
Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
Typical Bond Strength†
† Substrate thickness: 0.25 inch (0.64 cm). Bond area: 1.0 in² (6.45 cm²). Ultimate Bond Strength is defined as strength achieved after 24-hour room temperature cure.
Adhesive Properties and Characteristics @ 73°F (23°C)
Directions for Use
Keep away from sources of heat, open flame, sparks and sunlight. Storage near the ceiling in a warehouse (without air-conditioner) is not recommended. One year shelf life is expected when stored in a cool 50° – 80°F (10° – 27°C) dry place.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Safety and Environmental Precautions
This product is a flammable, reactive adhesive. It is considered a hazardous material. In conformance with the Federal Hazardous Substance Labeling Act, the following hazards and precautions are given. Purchasers who may re-package this product must also conform to all local, state, and federal labeling, safety and other regulations. VOC emissions do not exceed 75 grams per liter.
WARNING! FLAMMABLE. VAPOR HARMFUL. MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE SKIN OR EYES.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not take internally. Keep away from heat, spark, open flame and other sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Store away from direct sunlight in a cool 50º F – 80º F (10º C – 27º C) dry place. Use only in well ventilated area. Avoid breathing of vapors. Atmospheric levels should be maintained below established exposure limit values contained in Section II and VIII of Material Safety Data Sheet If airborne concentrations exceed those limits, use of a NIOSH-approved organic vapor cartridge respirator with full face piece is recommended. The effectiveness of an air-purifying respirator is limited. Use it only for a single short term exposure. For emergency and other conditions where short-term exposure guidelines may be exceeded, use an approved positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus. Do not smoke, eat or drink while working with this product. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. May cause eye injury. Protective equipment such as gloves, goggles and impervious apron should be used. Carefully read Material Safety Data Sheet and follow all precautions.
Contains Methyl Methacrylate Monomer (80-62-6). Do not use this product for other than intended use.
“Title III Section 313 Supplier Notification:” This product contains toxic chemicals subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 and of 40CFR372. This information must be included in all Material Safety Data Sheets that are copied and distributed for this material.
Inhalation: If overcome with vapors, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Call physician.
Eye Contact: Flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes and call a physician.
Skin Contact: Wash skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation develops, get medical attention.
Ingestion: If swallowed, give 1 or 2 glasses of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting. Contact physician or poison control center immediately.