Phenolic is a hard, dense material made by applying heat and pressure to layers of paper or fabric, impregnated with a synthetic resin. Phenolics are approx half the weight of aluminum and their physical toughness resists abrasion, friction, impact, and material fatigue. Special properties fight off the corrosive action of water and many chemicals, increasing the service life and efficiency of your product parts. The insulating qualities of each grade, such as low dissipation factor and excellent dielectric strength, make them valuable for many precise electrical and electronic applications.
- High tensile, compressive, flexural & impact strength
- Machines cleanly & easily
- Excellent application for fine-tooth gears & other similar precision par
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Excellent Insulation Properties
- Moisture Resistant for electrical applications