Weld-On 66 is a clear, light bodied, fast drying solvent cement. It is used as a contact cement, providing instant, high strength which will increase as solvent dissipates. The longer the open time (5 to 10 min) and with sufficient assembly pressure, the greater the immediate strength will be. Weld-On 66 may also be used on surfaces that are wet to wet or wet to dry; but its special advantage is its high initial strength on contact. Whatever the bonding technique used, it will provide high strength, long lasting, water resistant bonds under normal use, but some yellowing may be expected.
Weld-On 66 is formulated for bonding flexible or rigid vinyl (PVC) to itself or to urethane, canvas, ABS, foamed PVC, butyrate and wood.
Weld-On 66 is recommended for fabricating or repairing flexible vinyl in numerous applications: pond liners, shower pans, pool liners, moisture barriers, waterbeds, upholstery and wearing apparel. Weld-On 66 also bonds urethane and canvas to themselves and to wood, cardboard, Kydex®, cellulose acetate butyrate and ABS.
This product must be shipped via a ground service.
Adhesive Properties and Characteristics @ 73°F (23°C)
|300 ± 40 cps|
Fixture Time (Time to reach 80% of ultimate strength)
Time to reach Ultimate Bond Strength
Specific Gravity (g/cc)
|0.850 ± 0.01|
Ultimate Bond Strength is defined as strength achieved after 24-hour room temperature cure.
Directions for Use
Three years in tightly sealed containers. The date code of manufacture is stamped on the bottom of the container. Stability of the product is limited by the evaporation of the solvent when the container is opened. Evaporation of solvent will cause the cement to thicken and reduce its effectiveness. Adding of thinners to change viscosity is not recommended and may significantly change the properties of the cement.
Safety and Environmental Precautions
This product is a flammable, fast evaporating solvent cement. It is considered a hazardous material. In conformance with the Federal Hazardous Substance Labeling Act, the following hazards and precautions are given. Purchasers who may re-package this product must also conform to all local, state, and federal labeling, safety and other regulations. VOC emissions do not exceed 510 grams per liter.
DANGER: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. VAPOR HARMFUL. MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE SKIN OR EYES.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not take internally. Keep away from heat, spark, open flame and other sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Store away from direct sunlight between 40º F – 110º F (5º C – 43º C). Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid breathing of vapors. Atmospheric levels should be maintained below established exposure limit values contained in Section II and VIII of the Material Safety Data Sheet. If airborne concentrations exceed those limits, use of a NIOSH-approved organic vapor cartridge respirator with full face-piece is recommended. The effectiveness of an air-purifying respirator is limited. Use it only for a single short-term exposure. For emergency and other conditions where short-term exposure guidelines may be exceeded, use an approved positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus. Do not smoke, eat or drink while working with this product. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. May cause eye injury. Protective equipment such as gloves, safety goggles and impervious apron should be used. Carefully read Material Safety Data Sheet and follow all precautions.
Contains Methyl Ethyl Ketone (78-93-3), Acetone (67-64-1) and Tetrahydrofuran (109-99-9). Do not use this product for other than intended use.
“Title III Section 313 Supplier Notification”: This product contains toxic chemicals subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 and of 40CFR372. This information must be included in all Material Safety Data Sheets that are copied and distributed for this material.
Inhalation: If overcome with vapors, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Call physician.
Eye Contact: Flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes and call a physician.
Skin Contact: Wash skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation develops, get medical attention.
Ingestion: If swallowed, give 1 or 2 glasses of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting. Contact physician or poison control center immediately.