Weld-On 1802 is a clear, thin bodied, medium set, solvent cement. It cures with the dissipation of solvents forming strong, water resistant, clear joints. Initial bonds form very quickly. Depending on size and conditions, some parts may be handled within just a few minutes of application. Bond strength will be considerable in a few hours and will reach high strength in 24 to 48 hours. Thereafter, strength will gradually increase for a number of weeks. Cured joints are water and weather resistant.
Weld-On 1802 is formulated to bond acrylic (poly-methyl methacrylate), ABS, cellulose acetate butyrate, rigid PVC, and polystyrene to themselves and to each other. It does not bond to metal or glass.
Weld-On 1802 is a multi-purpose acrylic plastic cement. It is recommended for use in a variety of application such as large housings, signs, plastic letters, industrial fabrications, display items, lenses and models.
This product must be shipped via a ground service.
Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
Typical Bond Strength†
† Substrate thickness: 0.25 inch (0.64 cm). Bond area: 1.0 in² (6.45 cm²). Ultimate Bond Strength is defined as strength achieved after 24-hour room temperature cure.
Adhesive Properties and Characteristics @ 73°F (23°C)
Directions for Use
Three years in tightly sealed containers. The date code of manufacture is stamped on the bottom of the container. Stability of the product is limited by the evaporation of the solvent when the container is opened. Evaporation of solvent will cause the cement to thicken and reduce its effectiveness. Adding of thinners to change viscosity is not recommended and may significantly change the properties of the cement.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Safety and Environmental Precautions
This product is a flammable, fast evaporating solvent cement. It is considered a hazardous material. In conformance with the Federal Hazardous Substance Labeling Act, the following hazards and precautions are given. Purchasers who may re-package this product must also conform to all local, state, and federal labeling, safety and other regulations. VOC emissions do not exceed 350 grams per liter.
WARNING! FLAMMABLE. VAPOR HARMFUL. MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE SKIN OR EYES.
Keep out of the reach of children. Do not take internally. Keep away from heat, spark, open flame and other sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Store away from direct sunlight between 40º F – 110º F (5º C – 43º C). Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid breathing of vapors. Atmospheric levels should be maintained below established exposure limit values contained in Section II and VIII of Material Safety Data Sheet. If airborne concentrations exceed those limits, use of a NIOSH-approved organic vapor cartridge respirator with full face-piece is recommended. The effectiveness of an air purifying respirator is limited. Use it only for a single short-term exposure. For emergency and other conditions where short-term exposure guidelines may be exceeded, use an approved positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus. Do not smoke, eat or drink while working with this product. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. May cause eye injury. Protective equipment such as gloves, safety goggles and impervious apron should be used. Carefully read Material Safety Data Sheet and follow all precautions.
Contains Methyl Ethyl Ketone (78-93-3). Do not use this product for other than intended use.
“Title III Section 313 Supplier Notification:” This product contains toxic chemicals subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 and of 40CFR372. This information must be included in all Material Safety Data Sheets that are copied and distributed for this material.
Inhalation: If overcome with vapors, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Call physician.
Eye Contact: Flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes and call a physician.
Skin Contact: Wash skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation develops, get medical attention.
Ingestion: If swallowed, give 1 or 2 glasses of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting. Contact physician or poison control center immediately.