Plastic & Food?
Plastics are the perfect material for food processing. Their ability to withstand hot and cold temperatures, withstand harsh cleaning chemicals during sterilization and corrosion resistance makes them excellent for processing vessels, feeders and conveyor systems. All of these qualities and their ability to stay inert not affecting taste or appearance makes them the best material in many food applications.
Plastic materials are used in a variety of food processing and packaging machinery applications including friction and wear parts. Plastic tubing/piping is to handle fluids. Plastic sheet materials are used for safe, easy-to-clean cutting boards.
- Bushings, bearings, cams
- Conveyor parts
- Feed screws
- Guide rails
- Machine guards, windows
- Pipes and tubes for fluid processing
- Sealers, seats, gaskets
- Gears, sprockets
- Star wheels
- Thermoformed machine housings
- Wear strips
- Forming dies
- Scraper blades
- Cams and cam guides
- Nozzles/dispensing heads
- Acetal (POM)
- Acrylic (PMMA)
- High-density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Nylon (PA)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyetheretherketone (PEEK)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) - rigid and flexible
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Ultra-high-molecular-weight Polyethylene (UHMW)
- Lightweight for high speed production using smaller drive motors
- Reduced maintenance and reduced contamination by eliminating lubrication
- Resistance to clean-in-place (CIP) and sanitize-in-place (SIP) cleaning chemicals
- Resistant to hot water and steam
- Long wear life
- Limited wear on food packaging and/or mating machine parts
- Transparency for easy viewing of machine during operations
- Grades are available that comply with FDA, NSF, 3A dairy and other federal agency regulations
It's important to choose a company with extensive experience in the food processing industry. Plastic-Craft can save you both time and money by making factory replacement parts at sometimes half the original manufacturers cost.
Food processing parts and equipment and parts are commonly made by Plastic-Craft Products, including augers, plastic tubing and pipes, machine guards, feed screws, guide rails, replacement conveyor parts, custom made machine housings, custom made cutting boards, rolleys, conveyors, and much more.
Environmental and Safety
Considering the total carbon footprint, including costs of raw materials, manufacture, transport, fabricate, install, maintain, plastics compare favorably with more traditional materials. Also, plastics are safer to handle and install. When you consider that most plastics are readily recyclable, they can become the most environmentally responsible and safest choice for many demanding food and beverage applications.
We have backups.
We understand accidents happen. Things break or get lost but don't worry. We have a solution for you. We can provide replacement parts for capital equipment below original manufacturers pricing (FDA material compliance certification provided). We can also custom fabricate replacement parts discontinued equipment. Parts we can replace are:
- Derlin dough manifolds
- Bagel machine guard
- Bluecast Nylon rollers for sliding oven doors
- Nylon MD rollers
- Derlin Adamatic piston
- Derlin / PVC roller guides
- Polypropylene drip tray
- Derlin / Polypropylene mixing vat scrapers
- Sneeze guard
- Polyethylene / Polycarbonate mixing covers
- UHMW U-Channel
- UHMW Profiles
- Polyethylene mixing paddles
- HDPE slicing machine guides
- Acetal Recipricator nose
- Custom made cutting boards
- Machine guards
- Divider Rounder
- Discovery Products Corp.
- Allied Metal Spinning
- Franklin Machine Products
- Gemini Bakery Equipment Co.
- Douglas Machines