Acrylic ACRYLITE® Gallery AR-2 UltraClear Sheet
- Abrasion Resistant (AR-2)
- Fingerprint Resistant (LRF1)
- Fingerprint Resistant (LRF2)
- Light Transmission:
ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear Sheet Description
Ultra-clear, fingerprint resistant conservation acrylic sheet with low reflection
ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear (UC) is a revolutionary acrylic sheet for the Framing and Museum markets that is fingerprint resistant. This glazing material is both easy to clean and easy to keep clean.
ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear is a 99% UV-blocking conservation acrylic glazing with very low reflected color. Framed material remains virtually unaffected by the glazing and true to the original artwork appearance over
time with protection from harmful UV. ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear maintains the clarity and brilliance of your artwork and photographs with high light transmission (typical value 98%) while reducing unwanted glare and reflection. ACRYLITE® UltraClear improves visibility when viewing your photographs and artwork compared to standard acrylic.
For added protection of your investment, ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear is also abrasion-resistant to prevent marring and scratching of the surface, and the new fingerprint resistant coating makes it easy to clean.
ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear is ideally used for picture framing applications. At half the weight of glass, it is well suited for all glazing sizes while reducing breakage and shipping costs.
The high optical quality, light weight, and impact strength characteristics make it the preferred material for picture framing, as well as for other applications such as protective screens, multimedia displays, retail displays, instrument clusters and more.
- Fingerprint resistant surfaces, one or both sides
- Anti-reflective surfaces on both sides
- Neutral surface reflected color
- Over 99% UV blocking, 200-390 nm
- Abrasion-resistant on both sides
- 98% typical visible light transmission
- 2.3% typical visible light reflection
- Low inherent color
- Passes the Photographic Activity Test, ISO 18916
- Passes the Oddy Outgassing Test
- Passes Humidity Resistance test, MIL-C-48497A
- Passes Solubility Test, MIL-C-48497A
- Passes Corrosion Resistance (Salt Fog) test, ASTM B117-03
- Passes Adhesion Test – 5B adhesion (no loss of coating), ASTM D3359
ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear can be saw cut, routed, drilled, laser cut and edge-finished just like standard acrylic sheet.
Flame-polishing, thermoforming, and line-bending are not recommended for ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear.
Cementing with ACRYLITE® Gallery UltraClear requires additional steps to remove the coating prior to cementing. Please contact us for additional information.