SCIGRIP IPS Weld-On #4052 - Low VOC Flexible Vinyl Cement
- 0.00 LBS
Weld-On 4052 is a clear, medium bodied, fast set solvent cement. The cement appears to have a slight amber tint when viewed in the container, however, the usual thin layer on the substrate appears clear when dry.
Weld-On 4052 is formulated for bonding a variety of plastic substrates. It will bond PVC, CPVC, foamed PVC, ABS, acrylic, styrene, polycarbonate, Noryl, etc. to themselves and to each other.
Typical Bond Strength†
|Substrate Material||Aged Bond Strength, lbs/in2 (kg/cm2)|
|2 Hours||24 Hours||1 Week|
† Substrate thickness: 0.25 inch (0.64 cm). Bond area: 1.0 in² (6.45 cm²). Ultimate Bond Strength is defined as strength achieved after 24-hour room temperature cure.
Adhesive Properties and Characteristics @ 73°F (23°C)
|Viscosity||500 ± 100 cps|
|Working Time||15 Minutes|
|Fixture Time (Time to reach 80% of ultimate strength)||20-25 Minutes|
|Time to reach Ultimate Bond Strength||72 Hours|
|Specific Gravity (g/cc)||0.955 ± 0.01|
|Coverage||10 mil: 35 sq ft/pint 280 sq ft/gallon
20 mil: 17 sq ft/pint 140 sq ft/gallon
*Thin amber layer of solvent cement on substrate appears clear when dry.
Directions for Use
Parts to be joined should be clean and fit well without forcing.
Apply cement with brush, polyethylene squeeze bottle or other suitable applicator.
Assemble while parts are still wet.
If cement is applied to one surface, bring the two surfaces in gentle contact for several seconds to allow the dry surface to be softened.
Two years expectancy in tightly sealed containers. Stability of the product is limited by the permanence of the container and the evaporation of the solvent when container is open. Evaporation of solvent will cause the cement to thicken and reduce its effectiveness.
Safety and Environmental Precautions
This product is a flammable, fast evaporating solvent cement. It is considered a hazardous material. In conformance with the Federal Hazardous Substances Labeling Act, the following hazards and precautions are given. Purchasers who may repackage this product must also conform to all local, state and federal labeling, safety and other regulations.
DANGER: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. VAPOR HARMFUL. MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE SKIN OR EYES.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not take internally. Keep away from heat, spark, open flame and other sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Store away from direct sunlight between 40º F – 110º F (5º C – 43º C). Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid breathing of vapors. Atmospheric levels should be maintained below established exposure limit values contained in Section II and VIII of the Material Safety Data Sheet. If airborne concentrations exceed those limits, use of a NIOSH-approved organic vapor cartridge respirator with full face-piece is recommended. The effectiveness of an air-purifying respirator is limited. Use it only for a single short-term exposure. For emergency and other conditions where short-term exposure guidelines may be exceeded, use an approved positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus. Do not smoke, eat or drink while working with this product. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. May cause eye injury. Protective equipment such as gloves, safety goggles and impervious apron should be used. Carefully read Material Safety Data Sheet and follow all precautions.
Contains Tetrahydrofuran (109-99-9), Methyl Ethyl Ketone (78-93-3) and Cyclohexanone (108-94-1). Do not use this product for other than intended use.
“Title III Section 313 Supplier Notification”: This product contains toxic chemicals subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 and of 40CFR372. This information must be included in all Material Safety Data Sheets that are copied and distributed for this material.
Inhalation: If overcome with vapors, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Call physician.
Eye Contact: Flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes and call a physician.
Skin Contact: Wash skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation develops, get medical attention.
Ingestion: If swallowed, give 1 or 2 glasses of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting. Contact physician or poison control center immediately.