Torlon is a high-strength plastic with the highest strength and stiffness of any thermoplastic up to 275°C. Torlon plastic has extremely high resistance to wear, creep, and chemicals. The resistance to chemicals includes strong acids and most organics. Torlon is ideally suited for severe service environments. Some common applications include aircraft hardware and fasteners, electric motor components, gears, bushings, seals, and many more.
- Outstanding wear resistance
- Exceptional long-term strength and stiffness up to 275°C
- Superior toughness from cryogenic up to 275°C
- Resistant to strong acids and most organics
- Inherent flame resistance