ACRIFIX® 2R 0190 Versatile
ACRIFIX® 2R 0190 Versatile Sample Kit is a two-part reactive cement that offers the versatility to bond acrylic to acrylic, as well as acrylic to other substrates (ABS, PET, PC, PS, PVC & wood). Its superior gap-filling capability makes it the best answer for area bonding and achieving a high-quality appearance.
- Reactive Cement
- Two-component polymerization cement
- UV stabilized and superior weatherability
- Perfect for aquarium & museum cases
ACRIFIX® Reactive Cements provide a high strength bond and are the ideal choice where a quality bond is required.
Commonly used for applications such as:
- Museum cases
This product requires catalyst - sold separately
|Size||Recommended Catalyst Size*|
|110 Grams||7.5 Grams|
|480 Grams||30 Grams|
|3600 Grams||216 Grams|
* More catalyst added will result in a faster curing time
Typical Values of Properties
- Viscosity (Brookﬁeld II/12/68°F/20°C): 1800 +/- 200 cp
- Density/68°F/20°C: ~ 1.02 g/cm3
- Refractive index nD: ~ 1.44
- Color: clear, with slight purple tint
- Flash point (Closed Cup): ~ 50°F/10°C
- Solids content: 31 +/- 1%
- Storage stability: 2 years after ﬁlling, if correctly stored
- Packaging material: HDPE, PP, aluminum and glass
- Thinner and Cleaner: ACRIFIX® TC 0030
- Cleaning agents for equipment: ACRIFIX® TC 0030 or ethyl acetate
- Curing / pot life (at 200 g adhesive, 68°F/20°C):
- with 3% ACRIFIX® CA 0020: ~ 60 min / ~ 25 min
- with 5% ACRIFIX® CA 0020: ~ 50 min / ~ 20 min
Properties of Bonds
- Further treatment of bonded parts: 3 to 6 hours after curing
- Tensile shear strength (v = 2 in./min): The bonds only acquire their ﬁnal strength after about 24 hours or after immediate annealing as soon as the adhesive has cured.
|Material (to itself)||Non-annealed||Annealed (5 hours at 176°F/80°C)|
|ACRYLITE® premium sheet:||4786 +/- 725 psi||7542 +/- 725 psi|
|ACRYLITE® cast sheet:||5076 +/- 725 psi||7252 +/- 725 psi|
|ACRYLITE® Resist 65 acrylic sheet:||2900 +/- 435 psi||5076 +/- 435 psi|
Storage / Shipping
Keep the container tightly closed in a cool place.
Preparing the Parts to be Bonded
Degrease the surfaces to be bonded with water containing a detergent (washing-up liquid), or with ACRIFIX® TC 0030 (thinner / cleaner). Internally stressed parts must be annealed before bonding in order to avoid stress cracking. The annealing conditions depend on the type of material, the degree of forming, and the thickness of the parts to be bonded. Parts made of extruded and injection-molded acrylic should be annealed as a matter of principle. Typical annealing times – also for cast acrylic – are 2 to 4 hours in an airﬂow oven at 158-176°F (70 to 80°C). If annealing is not possible, we recommend the use of ACRIFIX® 1S 0105 or ACRIFIX® premium acrylic cement (only for commercial use). However, these presuppose that the surfaces to be bonded are ﬂat and without V-grooves or superimposed layers.
Preparing the Adhesive
Add 3 to 6% ACRIFIX® CA 0020 to ACRIFIX® 2R 0190 and stir until no more striation is visible. In the covered container, air bubbles may be allowed to rise to the surface of the adhesive, but they can also be removed in a vacuum desiccator (min. 5.9 in. Hg). As soon as the ACRIFIX 2R 0190 mixture becomes thick and noticeably warm (end of pot life), it should no longer be used.
Fix the parts to be bonded in the desired position and apply suitable adhesive tape to seal the joint and to protect surrounding areas. Introduce ACRIFIX® 2R 0190 into the joint either directly from the mixing vessel or by means of a glue dispenser or disposable syringe, and avoid bubble formation.
Roughing with abrasive paper (230 to 320 grit) improves the adhesion to untreated surfaces of cast acrylic (particularly block material). Severely stressed bonds or those intended for outdoor exposure should be annealed for 2 to 4 hours at 158 - 176°F (70 - 80°C) immediately after curing.
ACRIFIX® 2R 0190 must not get into closed cavities (e.g. double glazing, tube interiors), since the curing process is severely hampered at such sites, and there is a risk of stress cracking in the bonded parts. ACRIFIX® 2R 0190 may be colored with colorants.
Safety Measures and Health Protection
Contains methyl methacrylate. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system, and skin. Sensitization by skin contact possible. Keep away from any source of ignition. Avoid contact with skin. In the event of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and consult a doctor. Wear suitable protective gloves.