ACRIFIX® 2R 0195 Satin
- ACRIFIX® CA 0020 Catalyst not included. Choose a catalyst size separately below
This product requires ACRIFIX® CA 0020 Catalyst for proper usage.
ACRIFIX® 2R 0195 is a unique two-part reactive cement with a frosted, matte finish perfected to bond frosted acrylic such as ACRYLITE® Satinice acrylic sheet. Its UV stability ensures to resist weather-ability. These two-part cements offer the versatility to bond acrylic to acrylic, as well as acrylic to other substrates (ABS, PET, PC, PS, PVC & wood). Its superior gap-filling capability makes it the choice cement for area bonding and achieving a high-quality appearance particularly on textured surfaces.
- Reactive Cement
- Frosty finish for textured surfaces
- UV stabilized
ACRIFIX® Reactive Cements provide a high strength bond and are the ideal choice where a quality bond is required.
This product requires catalyst - sold separately
|Size||Recommended Catalyst Size*|
|110 Grams||7.5 Grams|
|480 Grams||30 Grams|
* More catalyst added will result in a faster curing time
Typical Values of Properties
- Viscosity (Brookﬁeld II/12/68°F/20°C): 3000 to 4000 cp (thixotropic)
- Density/68°F/20°C: ~ 1.02 g/cm3
- Refractive index nD: ~ 1.44
- Color: slight purple tint, milky
- Flash point (Closed Cup): ~ 50°F/10°C
- Solids content: ~ 29%
- Storage stability: 1 year in the original container at 68°F
- Packaging material: HDPE, PP, aluminum and glass
- Thinner and Cleaner: ACRIFIX® TC 0030, max. 30 %
- Cleaning agents for equipment: ACRIFIX® TC 0030 or ethyl acetate
- Curing / pot life (at 200 g adhesive, 68°F/20°C):
- with 3% ACRIFIX CA 0020: ~ 50 min / ~ 20 min
- with 5% ACRIFIX CA 0020: ~ 30 min / ~ 15 min
- with 8% ACRIFIX CA 0020: ~ 20 min / ~ 10 min
Properties of Bonds
- Further treatment of bonded parts: 2 to 3 hours after curing
- Tensile shear strength (v = 2 in./min): Butt joint of ACRYLITE® Satinice sheet one or two-sided velvet texture sheet with itself:
- 5000 to 5800 psi (non-annealed)
- 5800 to 6500 psi (annealed for 5 hrs at 176°F/80°C)
Storage / Shipping
Keep the container tightly closed in a cool place.
Preparing the Parts to be Bonded
Degrease the surfaces to be bonded with water containing a detergent (washing-up liquid), or with ACRIFIX® TC 0030 (thinner/ cleaner). Internally stressed parts must be annealed before bonding in order to avoid stress cracking. The annealing conditions depend on the type of material, the degree of forming, and the thickness of the parts to be bonded. Parts made of extruded or injection molded acrylic should be annealed as a matter of principle. Typical annealing times (at 3mm material thickness) are 2 to 4 hours in an airﬂow oven at 158-176°F (70-80°C) – also for cast acrylic.
Preparing the Adhesive
Mix ACRIFIX® 2R0195 with 3 to 8% ACRIFIX® CA 0020, avoiding air entrapment as much as possible. In the covered container, any air bubbles may be allowed to rise to the surface of the adhesive, but they can also be removed in a vacuum desiccator (min. 5.9 in. Hg). As soon as the ACRIFIX® 2R 0195 mixture becomes thick and noticeably warm (end of pot life), it should be discarded. Shake ACRIFIX® 2R 0195 in bottle thoroughly prior to activation with ACRIFIX® CA 0020!
Fix the parts to be bonded in the desired position and apply suitable adhesive tape to seal the joint and to protect surrounding areas. Introduce this adhesive into the joint either directly from the mixing vessel or by means of a glue dispenser or disposable syringe, voiding air entrapment as much as possible.
Roughing with abrasive paper (230 to 320 grit) improves the adhesion to untreated surfaces of cast acrylic. Severely stressed bonds or bonds intended for outdoor exposure should be annealed for 2 to 4 hours at 158-176°F (70-80°C) immediately after curing. The adhesive must not get into closed cavities since the curing process is severely hampered in these places and stress cracking in the bonded parts may be the result. It may be colored with colorants.
Safety Measures and Health Protection
Contains methyl methacrylate. Irritates the eyes, respiratory system, and skin. May cause sensitization by skin contact. Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not smoke. In the event of eye contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water, and consult a doctor. Wear suitable protective gloves.